background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Merry Month of Blogging | We also did this in Denver...

Day Four

Beside going to the baseball game for Bridget's birthday, we also hit the sights around the Mile High City. It was so fun being able to show James and Bridget some of the things I remember from when I was a little girl. I think my favorite day was probably the drive from Roosevelt to Denver. Driving along I-70 through Glenwood Canyon made me think about all the trips we made through there, in good weather and in bad.

Here are a few highlights from the trip:

{The whole family (except for me) went to Elitchs and had a great time!}

{It rained a lot while we were there so the kids spent a lot of time in the hot tub. Bridget is like a fish and had so much fun swimming with her cousins.}

{We went to the aquarium to show the kids. It was really crowded but we all had a lot of fun.}

{Bridget and Makensie showing their best mermaid poses}

{My saucy little girl}

{Having a little fun at the aquarium gift shop}



{We couldn't drive through Idaho Springs with out stopping at Beau Jo's Pizza. It was so good, just like I remember as a kid.}



{Even Leppy liked it}

{Waiting for lunch at the Cherry Cricket and being cheesy}

{James and I wanted to go here because it was one of the spaces Adam Richmond stopped on Man vs. Food. Although everyone else hated it and James threw a major bitch fit about the wait, my burger was great! It was a fun place to eat I thought and a historic part of Cherry Creek.}

{We brought home two new brothers for Leppy - a white bear from Elitchs named Marshmallow and a yellow duck from the aquarium but I can't remember the name because we got rid of it shortly after we got home. Bridget still sleeps with Marshmallow though. She loves that squishy cheap bear.}
Denver was a blast and we can't wait to go back!

No comments: