background

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Merry Month of Blogging | Goodbye Aunt Eva

Day Fifteen
{Warm River - November 2008}

This summer I said good bye to one of the spiciest ladies I knew, my great aunt Eva Baker. Aunt Eva was a firecracker. She is my Grandma Ballou's sister and her polar opposit. Where Grandma Ballou was tomboyish, Eva was all girly girl. She always had a smile on her face and a big hug for you when you saw her.

She also has one of the sweetest love stories around. When she was a girl, she had a boyfriend name Chuck Baker. They were in love and would have gotten married but Great Grandma Egbert didn't approve because Chuck was Catholic and Eva was Mormon. They eventually broke up, married other people and had families of their own.

Fast forward about sixty or so years. They managed to meet up again - he was widowed and she was divorced. Their cute love story blossomed again and they were married for almost 15 years when she passed away in August. My grandma has been gone for three years now. Aunt Eva moved into the role of Grandma for us after Grandma Ballou died. I love her a lot and will always miss her.

No comments: