background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Merry Month of Blogging | Bridget's first day of school

Day Seven

I will be the first to admit I'm not one of those sentimental mom's who cry when their kids go to school. School has been a blessing for us in every sense. Not only has it given Bridget loads of confidence, helped her be better socially and taught her things she will need for kindergarten next year, but it's given me a little free time during the week. Because I work from home, those precious hours have been a miracle.

That makes me sound like the worst mother in creation. I love my daughter, she is my absolute life. But there are times when its easier to get things done when Bridget isn't helping. Ms. Lorie and Grandpa Avery do a great job and Bridget has grown up so much since she's been attending there.

This year brought some changes to school and also included Paige! We were so excited when we got the call that Ms. Lorie had a spot for Paige. It's been such a blessing having them be in school together. They are BFF's and fight like sisters. I love those two cute little girls.

Finding Bridget's first day of school outfit was a miracle. I looked all over and just couldn't find something that fit her personality and her age. The stuff I found either made her look too old or too young. I finally found this outfit at the Gymboree outlet at the Park City Outlet Mall of all places. Tonya fell in love with it too and decided Paige needed one as well.



{Bridget actually hugging Paige and smiling - truly a red letter day}

{My Paige is such a cutie}
 The girls looked adorable in their cute outfits! They were so excited to be going to school with each other. I love that they have each other. I love my girls!

There was no looking back for these two, they got out of the car, strapped on their backpacks and headed for the door. My baby girls is getting bigger with each passing day. In a way it is sad because I love the way she is now. But she has so much ahead of her and I can't wait to see what she can accomplish in her life. 

No comments: