background

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Thoughts


As I woke up this morning, sunburned horribly and very stiff, I was a little grumpy. But after Bridget woke up and started smiling at me, I realized that no matter how I was doing, I had my beautiful baby girl to remind me that life is good.

A few things I love about being a mom:

1. Bridget's sly smile
2. Hearing her chant "mama, mama, mama" when she needs me
3. Asking her a question and watching her smile and nod her head
4. Asking her to go get me something and watching her waddle away and then eventually bring it back.
5. Finally understanding what true love is all about
6. Watching her as she tries to figure out how to jump
7. Seeing the delight in her eyes as she's getting into something she shouldn't
9. Her helping me fold laundry by throwing it around the room
10. Repeating every word I say, even the bad ones

I love being a mother and I love my Bridget. She is my sweetheart and best buddy. I am so lucky to be able to be home with here while James works to support us. I wish I was thinner, richer and more talented of course, but I can't complain when I look at my family, for I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Maren Nielsen said...

Happy Mothers Day! What a wonderful Mom you are Brenda! I am so happy that this sweet little girl was placed in your arms. What a blessing she is and YOU are also a blessing to her....

Maren

cathy said...

Oh Brenda! Who cares about thin and rich! I'll quote Mr. Rogers and say: "I like you just the way you are."