background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Playing at the park


Our winter has been so mild here in Utah so its no big surprise that spring has come a little early. The spring bulbs are starting to peek out of the dirt, the days are getting longer and its starting to be warmer. Last night we slept with our window cracked in the bedroom. It was nice to feel the cool, fresh air last night before I fell asleep. Sigh.

Last Saturday I took some photos of my friend Jason and Bree's little guy Bo at Murray Park. Bridget was such a great helper and on our way home, she begged me to take her to the park. The conversation went something like this:

Bridget: Mom, please can we go to the park?
Me: Today? Don't you want to go home and get lunch?
Bridget: (Whining) Nooooo mom! I want to go to the park! Pretty please and carrots?
Me: Fine, but dad is bringing us lunch and we're not staying long.

Seriously, how can I say no to this cute face? I can't.
The weather was so nice that we were there for over an hour. We ran into Aimee Ballard and her kids which was fun for Bridget and me. It was the perfect day with hardly any wind (not like the last few days around here). The only downside was that I got my first sunburn of the year. Boo. It was mild and gone a few days later but I was still bugged.

I had my camera so I decided to capture some of Bridget's finest moments at Southwood Park. She's getting pretty adventurous and I love her a lot.

Sloooooowly sliding down the slide. Bridget moves in one speed - glacial.

I had to bribe Bridget to go down on her butt. We taught her to slide on her belly when she was a kid and now that's all she does. Silly girl.



Such a fun day at the park with my family. James was there, I promise. But he got there after pictures were over. I don't have deadline for a few weeks (hurray!) so expect some fun crafty blog posts this week!

No comments: