background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bridget's Second Birthday

What a difference a couple of years makes! She looks the same in many ways but so different. The first picture was taken less than a week after she was born. The second was taken at the Old Spaghetti factory on her second birthday. She is getting so big, someone please stop the clock!




It's hard for me to believe that my baby is two years old. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was so tiny and snuggled up in my arms? These past two years have been the best of our family's lives and James and I can't imagine what our life would be like if Bridget wasn't in it. We are so lucky she came to be a part of our family.

Here are a few high lights:

If you know me, you know that presents are my favorite part of holidays and birthdays, so James and I let Bridget open her gifts at home. Yes, they are wrapped in Christmas paper, because that's all I have and that's my own quirky tradition to wrap everything in Christmas paper, ask my in-laws, they think I'm so weird! It's a proud family tradition on my mom's side.

Bridget of course made out like a bandit. We bought her some "Yo Gabba Gabba" figures, a baby stroller, a corn popper to push around, a coloring book and some fairies. Trenna bought her a pink table for her bedroom and one for the patio and a tricycle. Jim and Cindy bought her a wagon.

We took Bridget to Ihop for her birthday breakfast, another family tradition. She is such a good eater and so good in restaurants.



Bridget loves movies and especially loves the drive-in. Although it was hideously hot and stuffy that night, we braved it and went to the Redwood Drive-In and saw "Up" and "The Proposal", two great shows!

I made Bridget's cake again this year. She likes red velvet cake (or maybe I do) so this year I made her a red velvet, strawberry ice cream cake with pink whipped cream icing. It was delish! The strawberries were a little hard though, next time I'll leave those off!


We spent her actual birthday together as a family so when we had dinner with James's parents, I made the cake. I know Jim loves cake and ice cream and I knew that I didn't want a whole cake in my freezer calling my name! I couldn't resist buying the "2" candle because it looked so cute on her cake.



Watching her eat cake this year wasn't nearly as fun as it was last year, but she really enjoyed it and that's all that matters!


4 comments:

Chantelle said...

Looks like she had a FABULOUS day! Happy birthday cutie.

Maren Nielsen said...

She is such a doll! I cant believe that she is 2! Im so glad that Lia and Bridgey are friends:)

Maren

jle said...

Miss Bridget you are soooo cute!
Brenda need the recipe for that cake!!! It looks yummy!

patty said...

did i tell you lately just how much i love you and how glad i am that you get to be this fine baby's wonderful momma. fap