background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

James got a job!!!!

Today was the best day ever! James got a letter in the mail from a company he interviewed with a few weeks ago. We've been waiting patiently (or not some days) for them to make a decision and when it took longer than they initially said, my pessimistic negative side said to prepare for the worst. You can't blame me though, I'd applied for hundreds of jobs I was qualified for to be told I should be honored to be considered the cream of the crop as far as applications then to be brutally rebuffed.

Any way, I had put it out of my mind until James came upstairs while I had Bridget in the bath (a late afternoon bath, she's still getting over a cold). He handed me the envelope but I couldn't open it, I was far to nervous! He read it and I couldn't judge from his face. I told him I would start crying if he didn't get it and then I ended up crying after all!

This was the answer to so many prayers and I want to thank all of my friends and family who supported us financially, emotionally and spiritually.

James is now employed with Horrocks Engineers and starts on April 20. We are super excited and I can't stop grinning (my face hurts, it's been a while since I was like this!)

7 comments:

Chantelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! We're super happy for you - good luck.

When can you come over for dinner? :)

cathy said...

What great news. We're so happy for your family.

Cam Ballou said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!! Yeah! That is so great. Hope to see ya tomorrow :)

holly said...

SUPER!!!! What a relief! So happy for you guys!

patty said...

good job! get it? fap is funny.

Schultzoo said...

AHHHHHHH!!!! I am so happy for you. We need to go out and celebrate!!

Nancy said...

Yay! That is so awesome! So glad it worked out for you guys!!!