background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can't say I'm especially sorry to see 2010 go, it was a long, hard year filled with a lot of disappointment and heartbreak. But, 2011 is already looking up and James and I are on are way to having a great year. As you well know, Bridget is the absolute light of my life and there's nothing I like more than bragging about her. Shocker, huh? I also love digital scrapbooking. My love for these two things goes great together and Bridget is usually the subject of my pages.

Today was spent cleaning up Christmas (depressing and soothing at the same time), battling a cold (disgusting) and scrap booking (sigh). I haven't scrapped for a long time and it felt good to give it a try again. I find the best way to get motivated is to copy someone else's design! The idea for this design came from Janelle at the Shabby Shoppe Blog. (Who the Hell is Nick? Sorry, only my sister is going to get this joke but I couldn't help it!)



I need the inspiration and find it challenging to try to recreate their layout with my style. Some times it works, sometimes not so much. This time I'm really please with the results!

I had a great time coming up with words to describe Bridget from the letters in her name. Some letters were tough (I'm talking to you letter 'e') but it was a good time. I think I might do it for James too!

No comments: