background

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day


My dad and I have a great relationship, strange at times, but he and I are in sync most of the time - sometimes good, sometimes bad. If you know a Ballou girl you will know that those Ballou genes inherited from John and June Ballou are strong, bossy, opinionated, loud, and almost always right. I am a Ballou girl through and through and damn proud of it.

I never spend Father's Day with my dad because its the annual API golf tournament in Roosevelt, which means that my uncles over take my parent's house for a weekend of golf, food and of course, bull shit. But I always call my dad on Father's Day because I love him very much and because of the way he is, I don't tell him nearly enough.

Bob can be a bit prickly sometimes, doesn't show his emotions well (except for anger). But he's really a soft hearted, compassionate person that I favor not just in looks, but personality. But where he's quick to bluster, he's also loving and always fair. He's a pretty great guy.

I have a lot of great examples of amazing men in my life. I am lucky to have a great husband, dad, brother, brother in laws, father in laws, uncles, cousins, and two amazing grandfather's who I miss very much.

I love this picture! It's one of my favorites from my wedding. I was very close with my Papa but not as close with my Grandpa Ballou. I am who I am because of these two men and how they raised my parents. I miss them tons.

My uncles are a crazy group of guys when you get them in the same room. But they are fun and I love them a lot.

I love the look on my dad's face in this picture.

I took this picture at the park today because I wanted to make sure Bridget could see a picture of her and James on Father's Day. These two are so cute together. When I go to City Council on Tuesday nights, they go on Daddy/Daughter Dates. Bridget looks forward to them each week.

She was so small in this picture, just a few days old. I love this one because James's hands are so strong holding her and she's just so delicate. It was love at first sight for both of us with Bridget, but especially James.

Marcos and his two little monkeys. They were just babies when I first met them and now they are so big. Where does the time go?

This picture of Brian and his kids is old but I still love it.

Tom has a cute relationship with each of his kids and I really love that about him.

I love this picture of Jim and his three kids. They are all so alike in many ways and yet all three kids are so different. I guess that's what makes a family, right?

Alex and Paige - two peas in a pod for sure. He is a cute dad with her and lets her get away with murder!


Happy Father's Day 2010 everyone!

2 comments:

ScottNLili said...

Wow. Tears in my eyes right this very moment. Started from laughing with the ' bullshit ' comment :) then turned to happy/sad from missing grampa, and seeing all the boys together. What an awesome post!! Happy Fathers day to all!

Paris Lover said...

Sweet post. I can tell you have an awesome extended family. You seem very close..What a blessing. Happy Fathers Day to James!