background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BBQ sauce and the park

My dad has the hands down best BBQ sauce recipe out there and if you've tasted it you'll agree. It's the perfect blend of smokey, slightly sweet, spicy goodness that you expect from a GREAT BBQ sauce. We all think that he should bottle it and sell it. We got together with James's family on Sunday for our weekly walk in Murray Park before it started flooding like crazy. James and I made yummy BBQ chopped chicken sandwiches and they were divine!


The sauce is super easy especially when you have a good helper like Bridget. I use this sauce on everything BBQ and I think once you taste it, you will too. Plus, if you know Bob (and love him) you know that he's serious about food and anything he tells you is good, probably is.

Here is the recipe:

2 1/4 cup ketchup
2 1/4 cup water
2 beef bullion cubes
1 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 TBSP. chili powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 shakes of hot sauce (I promise, this adds to the flavor not the heat)
1 1/2 TBSP. brown sugar or honey
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
1 TBSP. lemon juice

Combine all the ingredients and boil for 15 minutes.
The spices you will use:

The finished product. Yum!


It's so easy and soooooo good! If you make it, let me know what you think.

Here are the pictures from the park later that day!

James and Bridget hamming it up. They are so cute!


The ice cream man came by us and the kids freaked out they were so excited! Bridget got a Shrek Popsicle thing that smelled like green apple but looked like radioactive slime.

Danae showing off her watermelon Popsicle grin!

All the cousins posing with their ice cream. Such a cute bunch of rascals!

I couldn't help not snapping this picture and as you can see from the reflection in my glasses, I took it myself. Bridget wasn't happy about it but I rarely make an appearance in our pictures because I'm usually the one taking them!

I love these kids!

The whole family (except for Alyse - missed you girl!)

The biggest group of cheesers I know, especially T.J.!

Trouble in a wagon for sure!

1 comment:

Em said...

I am going to have to try that BBQ sauce. Thanks Boballou. Bridget is such a babe, seriously, she just gets cuter.